Thursday, March 26, 2009

That Was Easy!


In my last post, I wrote about the need to name student computers so that I'd know whose project was whose during a collaboration activity. Thanks to the intuitive nature of SMART Sync, the task was simple. Just a few clicks and I was done. On the student computers in student configuration wizard, I chose the setting to have students connect using their first name. On the teacher computer from the Sync toolbar under View and Thumbnail name/Description, I chose Student ID and viola, that's what was displayed under each thumbnail. That was easy!
Another thing that's easy is to fall in the trap of doing things the way they've always been done. Some wise person once said that the seven last words of a dying school will be, "We've never done it like that before." True. Encourage new ideas, new thinking, and new ways of reaching students through innovative lessons and projects. Do you think that will be easy?

No comments: