Saturday, January 24, 2009

Another BIG Learning Opportunity - Texas Style


Here comes another road trip. In just 10 days I'll be headed to Austin for TCEA. Texas Computer Educators Association annual conference is an experience not to be missed. Some 13 to 15 thousand educators from Texas and other states are expected to descend on Austin for a week-long convention. Topics ranging from integration to implementation to infrastructure and twitter will rule the conference, plus a host of other topics. The Exhibit Hall itself is a beauty to behold. Covering a multitude of football fields, it takes a good day just to see everything. If you're coming to TCEA, my best advice is to wear comfortable walking shoes. You'll not want to miss a thing!
This week I've been reading live blogging, twitter posts, and viewing live streams from FETC in Florida. I'll admit. I'm jealous. I wish I was in Florida. However, TCEA is the first week in February. On Wednesday, I'll be presenting one of the concurrent sessions, SMART Best Practices. Once again, Trade Show Teacher status has been bestowed on yours truly as a teacher presenter in the SMART Booth.
As a classroom teacher, there were 3 weeks of lesson plans and preparations to complete as well as writing the presentation itself, loading up my SMART key, and packing my bags. No, I've not packed yet. But I've thought about it!
Ready or not, here I come!

2 comments:

mdavis said...

I was at your session. It was great. Is there a place that I can get a copy of the presentation? Is it posted somewhere.

Lori said...

Thanks for the compliment. I really LOVE my SMART Board's capabilities as you noticed. The presentation itself is not posted anywhere; however, parts are posted on the SMART Exchange/Texas Downloads folder. Titles posted include Keynote LAT Examples, Keynote Notebook Examples, A World Class Adventure, Molly's Pilgrim, and What's My Name: Solar System. If there's a specific question, please let me know. Thanks:)